There is no reason for anyone to live with acne. With todays advances, a master acne treatment expert & the Vivant+ product line you can now live acne free.
Treating Acne and Problem Skin
Call us today to begin to see results!
Severe acne is characterized by deep cysts, inflammation, extensive damage to the skin and scarring. It requires an aggressive treatment regimen and should be treated by a dermatologist. Severe, disfiguring forms of acne can require years of treatment and may experience one or more treatment failures. However, almost every case of acne can be successfully treated.
As you go through your process of achieving clear skin on your face and/or body, you will want to come in for treatments every two weeks. The reason for getting treatments is four-fold:
- For exfoliating the skin so that home-care product can penetrate the pore more easily.
- For hydrating the skin so that the skin is receptive to your home-care regimen. The products also tend to dry out the skin somewhat as you are getting used to them.
- For extracting existing acne impactions.
- For killing acne bacteria inside the pore.
Each acne treatment has a specific focus for what the skin needs at the time of treatment. Sometimes the skin will need more hydration, other times it will need more anti-bacterial and/or anti-inflammatory action.
Your esthetician will analyze your skin at the beginning of every treatment to assess which treatment would serve you best. Treatments are performed every two weeks until your skin clears. Usually that takes anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks.
Some severe acne treatments:
- Drainage and surgical excision
- Interlesional corticosteroid injection
- Oral antibiotics
- Oral contraceptives
- Drainage and Surgical Excision
Call Antoinette, for a detailed overview of your acne condition and treatments.